Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Such a Hypocrite!

OK...when preparing for our Halloween party, I may have gone just a bit overboard. I shopped all the good party sites online, caroused Target multiple times, got a few 10lb bags of candy from Sam's Club and considered myself good to go.

I must have gotten a little too excited when purchasing from one online site, for when I opened the box, there were not 24 pumpkin bouncy balls, but 240. Oops. I immediately got flashbacks from my mother's online grocery fiasco back in 2005 when we ended up with a bushel of apples.

So when I only needed 10 pumpkin bouncy balls, and I am too lazy to return them (be realistic, they only cost $2.40...TOTAL) I decided to hand them out as Halloween "treats."

Sure you can pull that off when the 2 and 3 year olds come to your door. But I am now realizing that I am setting myself up to get egged by the ungrateful 12 and 13 year olds!

What really is making them angry is me licking the chocolate off my fingers from the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as I open the door.

I'd egg me too.

No comments: