Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!


How does one SAHM (that's stay at home mom for those of you who don't know) spend her birthday. hmmmm...

1. Invite over housekeeper for morning of Feng Shui...or just basic cleaning
2. Lock 5 month old puppy in crate until husband gets home
3. Go to gym, leave 2 year old in the day care for 2 hours. (note: only spend one hour working out, make sure to spend second hour taking a long hot shower, using all the clean towels, throw them on the floor, steal free deoderant and lotion samples, and take time drying hair and putting on makeup...it is basically like going to the spa!)
4. Rush home because you are late to meet 2 year's old baby-sitter.
5. Meet friend out for lunch and don't feel guilty AT ALL for paying $10/hour to have lunch and talk only about our kids!
6. Rush home to put 2 year old down for nap.
7. Wake 2 year old up from nap to introduce him to new babysitter
8. Go out for leisurely dinner, drink too much, and stumble home...

Perfect planning if you ask me!

PS It is a good thing that I planned my own party today since the only card I found in the mail today was from Southwest (they always remember!). But I can't complain too much since I got a little boy to sing me a song or two this afternoon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqv6cfR-D0c

No comments: