Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Don't You Know Who I Am?

It's a simple fact that as a stay at home mom you lose most of your identity. You have no tactful answer to the "What do you do?" question. Do you say...

"I'm in janitorial services"
OR
"I'm a caterer"
OR
"I'm starting a small entertainment company specializing in vroom vrooms and choo choos"

Whatever it is you say, no one in the working world has a CLUE or truly cares how you spend your 14 hour days. Until last night, I didn't care because I thought that there was at least one person who truly understood me. Who knew how hard I worked, how much I needed a nap, and how much I looked forward to those unanticipated reruns of Sex and the City. But that was until last night.

It turns out that my initial assessment was right...no one truly knows who I am. I found this out watching TV last night when my most loyal friend TIVO tried to change the channel from CSI Miami to Diagnosis Murder. So not only am I finding things in the Lands End catalgoue more attractive, but my TIVO thinks I am 80 going on 105...

I'm screwed.

No comments: