Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

We haven't had any snow up here this year and I have been VERY excited about the prospect of snow this week. I haven't felt this way since I was in grad school and hated my internship SO much that every night I would pray (not that it would do me much good) that it would snow. When I would wake up in the morning, I would rush check to see if the parking lot in our back yard (yes, it was a classy condo) was covered with snow. Unfortunately, the bright flourescent lights that lit up the parking lot (and our bedroom for that matter) always faked me out and for a brief moment I would think that it had snowed...when it hadn't. In fact, I did this check the back yard routine every morning I had work from November to March...did I mention that I was in North Carolina and it NEVER snowed that year. Damn South and making me go to that blasted internship. I'm still bitter.



So last night I went to bed dreaming of white flakes, rosey cheeks, and chocolate chip cookies (I have to make cookies when it snows!). I woke in the middle of the night, looked out the window and there it was, the magical white glowing ground, lit up from the sky and my neighbor's christmas decorations (which they have yet to take down...might I mention that they have been up since November 5?). I rolled over, went back to sleep, and smiled that I didn't have to go back to that darn internship.



Needless to say, we've enjoyed today...and by the way it is looking we'll enjoy tomorrow too.



Happy, happy snow day!

2 comments:

Boom said...

OOOOH! Those pictures are too cute! AND TOO SMALL!

Is that a tiny, consoling mitten-clad hand of Caroline's...around the back of her brother? (can't take it)

Is that Caroline in a coordinating snowsuit? SLEDDING? (kill me now)

I'm old and blind and this is just not fair.

Whitney said...

Glad you finally got some snow. Looked like you all have fun. I hope everyone (including you and Dave) are off taking a nap!!