Wednesday, January 14, 2009

OK, so not only do I have to admit to you all that I was sore from playing Wii, but now I have to tell you that I can't type because my left hand is sore.

Sore from what you ask? get your mind out of the gutter people this is a PG kind of place!

From the piano.

Yes, you read correctly. In the same Christmas in which our house was invaded with video games, we also obtained a piano. Seems that my husband has visions of us sitting by the fire, playing songs for one another, perhaps even singing along, in some fantasy land of musical talent.

So far I am the most talented (not saying a lot for the rest of them) because I can play TWO songs with TWO hands. I don't even know what the first song is called, my fingers just magically play it. This particular song is the only remaining piece of evidence that I took piano lessons for three years in the early 80's. Stuck way back in the depths of my brain alongside the phone numbers of my friends from elementary school is this song. It has been there for nearly 30 years and it has held up well. Quite pretty, if I do say myself, even if it only last 15 seconds.

The second song I learned this week. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Have you heard of it? I'm reading the notes, playing with both hands and my son claims that he can recognize the tune. It sounds quite funereal because I am not playing up to tempo quite yet. I figure at this rate I should start working on We Wish You a Merry Christmas for next year.

As bad as I may be, I am really enjoying the piano, wishing that I kept up with my lessons, and hoping that my family stops puking sometime soon so I can resume my trips to the gym and can report that I am sore from activities like kickboxing and pilates. Not necessarily newsworthy, but a lot less embarrassing.

1 comment:

Boom said...

That's SAD that your hand is sore from PIANO.