Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Where have I been you ask?

I've gone MIA, I admit it. (I also think that I have started my last 10 entries the same way)

It might be because I'm starting a small business (bilingual Spanish/English preschool). I've been hosting open houses, going to conferences, and brushing up on my arts and crafts skills. So writing this blog has fallen by the wayside. After working, feeding the kids, getting them to bed, and slugging down a bottle of wine, I just can't seem to find the time to blog.
OR...
It might be because my neighbors got a swimming pool and we've been spending all of our time over there relaxing, playing, and perfecting our butterfly. I know...how awesome is that? Right next door. Can't you just picture it?

Well, that would be nice, but this is really what cropped up next door. Right in their front yard. Right in our direct line of sight. Right where my kids can skip over and drown their little bodies.








Do you see now why I need to down a bottle of wine every night? And you thought your property value went down? Just be glad you don't live next to this!
And for the record, I had to sneak out at 6am to take these pictures because they are ALWAYS in the pool. 5 of them, just hanging out, trying to swim, but constantly stepping on each other's toes, screaming and laughing and oblivious to the eyesore they have left us with. AND...we haven't gotten an invitation to swim in that germ infested, pee-bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i was laughing out loud at this. that pool is just plain awful. why not the back yard? what's wrong with them?

wish we lived closer so i could send my daughter to your bilingual preschool!

Boom said...

That is AWFUL. AWFUL!!!!

Seriously. I have NEVER.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! Are you in Reston limits? I am pretty sure there is a law against this!!!