Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas in the Tropics

So many good things come from living in the south.
  • biscuits are available at all times of the day
  • golf can be played 365 days a year
  • the pool opens in April and closes in October

But one thing I can't wrap my enthusiasm around is this winter weather. If our darling President came down here this weekend, I assure you, he would start to believe in global warming. We celebrated Christmas this weekend with t-shirts and shorts, t-ball in the backyard, and watching the football game on the back deck.

I have to say that I am a traditionalist. I prefer my wool turtleneck sweaters, the fireplace on, and hot chocolate. OK...so maybe I wouldn't be complaining if we really were in the tropics, but what's the point of this weather if the pool isn't even open?

No comments: