Friday, November 09, 2007

Moving on

Halloween came and went so fast. I am so sad, it is my favorite holiday and now all that is to be seens are singing Santas and blow up Rudolphs. I love the costumes, I love the pumpkins, and of course...I love all the candy (and my son's candy too, but please don't tell him) But what I love more than anything else right now, is the ability to dress my children in any costume I want and claim them adorable.


But the fact of the matter is that this year I lost control. Sure, I still had control over the four month old, but if I have already lost control with her, shoot me. But with the 3 year old...that is another story.
When he first told me in August that he wanted to be a dinosaur, I accepted the idea. Of course I thought that a polar bear, a gorilla, or even a British marching guard would be better, but I could accept dinosaur. But then, when I stupidly showed him the costume I wanted for him online, he cried "NO NOT THAT KIND OF DINOSAUR!"
What I thought was a color, style, or even species choice, simply turned out to be a fabric choice.
"I WANT THE DINOSAUR THAT IS GREEN AND SHINY"
So in a weak moment, I purchased the greenest, shiniest, and most flame non-resistant dinosaur costume we could find. The three year old...well, he was as happy as a t-rex. Me...well, I was just trying to keep him out of the way of the pumpkins for fear of a light show.
So next year, I hope to still have control over the little girl...but the boy...well let's just hope he doesn't want to be one of the pimps, goths, or skateboarders that come to my door. He can be shiny, but I still want him to be adorable.

No comments: