Friday, November 09, 2007

What could have been


About 15 years ago a friend of mine asked, "Have you heard of this new company, Starbucks?"


I, ignorantly, said "no, what is it?"


She explained that it was a great new store that sold all sorts of good coffee. And then she proclaimed, "We should invest in it, I bet we would make SO much money"


Fast forward 15 years and I am hoping that my friend is a millionaire, all I am is addicted. In fact, I literally don't think that I could get anywhere without Starbucks. Since moving to DC my entire means of measurement are in the units of Starbucks.
How tired am I?
Venti with an extra shot tired
How many Weight Watcher points can I spare?
You can have a sugar free vanilla latte
What does my son think is his favorite treat?
A tall mocha frapachino lite (no judgement please)
Where is our next playdate?
Go past the Starbucks next to the Giant, turn at the one in the Target, and the park is next to the Starbucks near the Home Depot.
Finally,
How long does it take to get to preschool?
10 minutes normally, but allow 17 if you want to go through the drive through Starbucks.
HELL YEAH!!
I'm not rich, but I sure am glad that I was introduced to this form of crack at such an early age.

2 comments:

Boom said...

Have you tried sugar free gingerbread syrup?? To DIE for.

Unknown said...

Intersting site. - Free Time Club