Wednesday, November 28, 2007

School enthusiasm!

My little boy LOVES preschool.

But rewind 3 months, 6 months, or even a year and the story was not the same. My Mr. Independent was Mr. Clingy. Crying, grabbing, planting himself in front of the door so I couldn't leave, hyperventilating, and even pretending not to feel well so he didn't have to go (I thought you only learned how to do that in Middle School!). I was starting to have visions of him living at home, going to Strayer University online and never leaving...EVER.

But something miraculous has happened. He is completely obsessed with preschool, his teachers, and his friends. He wants to be there every day, wants to eat lunch every afternoon, and really prefers to be there rather anywhere. Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just reporting.

What is ironic is that when we moved here, I really resisted this particular preschool. I'm not a very religious person and thought I would prefer a non-church based school. I thought it would fit my beliefs and personality more and would also keep my mother off my back. But when all other options fell through, I ended up here. And let me tell you, church based or not...this is the best place in the world...AND my mother hasn't given me grief ONCE. Now if you want to talk miraculous...

So here I am, 7:30am and the little boy has been dressed and ready to go to school since 6:45. His shoes are on, his lunch is packed, and his bag is ready. I, on the other hand, haven't even made a coffee, had a diet coke, or picked up the newspaper. We're obviously on different schedules. I keep telling him that it is going to be a long time until we can go...and he says it is worth the wait!

1 comment:

Boom said...

I'm tagging you! Cut and paste the Christmas questionnaire from my blog and DO it.

:)