Thursday, October 25, 2007

One can dream, can't she?

I have dreams. Dreams of sleeping through the night uniterrupted. Dreams of being on time. Dreams of running in just a sports bra (I promise to never do it, I just would like the option) But one dream I really think I might reach is...being a truly good chef.

Now, I have to admit that my nutri-system diet is getting in the way of my culinary skills. There is not a lot of skill involved in heating up a "tofu-na casserole" or a "beef substitute with gravy." But I have been sharpening my skills with my new favorite cookbook:



I'm all about deception, so this cookbook is right up my alley. Blend up cauliflower and put it in banana bread. Done. Puree beets and sweet potato and put it in chocolate cake. Double done. Put chicpeas in chocolate chip cookies. Well...the jury is out on this one, but it was worth a shot.


But you know what has been the best result from this endeavor? I have been hand grooming my little boy to be the biggest catch EVER. Not only does he know the difference between white sugar and brown sugar, and egg whites and egg yolks...but he also likes to spend the afternoon with me in the kitchen. I couldn't have dreamt of anything better!








1 comment:

Boom said...

You have been BUSY! I have so much catching up to do!!

What a cute little chef!! Or is this a poor excuse to post another shot of your double ovens??

Now you're just RUBBING IT IN.