Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What are you watching?

I don't usually proclaim my political beliefs here on my blog...but I have to say:

But regardless of who you will vote for in November...you'll agree with me on this. At least, I think you will.


Tonight, at my in-laws, at the Jersey Shore, sequestered in the basement to watch the Democratic National Convention, I was horrified by what I saw/found. At 9:15, I turned on the TV (all by myself as the conservative members of the family watched the Phillies game) only to find that the 4 major networks on TV were more concerned with Super Nanny, America's Got Talent, Bones, and Whacked Out Videos than with Bill Clinton speaking. You know him right? Former president of the United States, husband to the runner-up, and headline maker for the past 100 days for his contentious relationship with the Obama's. Why can't I find him on TV?

Thank goodness for public television...otherwise I might have voted for Sharon Osbourne or David Hasselhoff for president. And thank goodness for them more for cutting to commercial during John Kerry!

I love me some TV...but this is ridiculous!

2 comments:

Elicia said...

I'm right there with you! My husband has been calling me a PBS nerd all week. It's 24/7 PBS over here, we start the day with Sesame Street and end it with Jim Lehrer.
BTW - I'm a friend of Laura's, that's how I found your blog

jennyolson said...

How did you survive the beach? We decided not to make the trek, especially with all that "medical waste closing the Avalon beaches!"