Friday, July 11, 2008

Thighs and other parts


I recently was able to visit a very good friend of mine and there are 1 million reasons why I love her, but today the reason is that she has made me 100% embrace my girl's thighs. When I saw her, she and her sister couldn't get enough of the thighs and the overall squishiness of my daughter. They were squealing and drooling over her baby fat like I do when I pass Cinnabon in the mall. And after just a few hours I realized that I, too, am in awe of all her rolls, skin, and generous padding.

And I also love this friend because for my daughter's birthday she sent her a string bikini. No, not with any intention that she would wear it in public, but just with the simple request that I try it on, take pictures and send them to her. And when I did, she asked that I resend them in a higher resolution (what she is going to do with these pictures, I don't know) So below are the pictures just to hammer in that last nail when my girl is 13 and has a list of 100 things why she hates me. Don't forget honey that I posted these pictures of you on my blog. I would hate me too.

Please enjoy the only picture of any of my family in a bikini this year (I hold hope that I will strut Heidi Klum style one day!)

If you read closely this tag says,UPF 50+, excellent UV protection. I ask...on what? Her nipples? Good, I would hate her nipples to get sunburned at so early an age. We'll save that for when she goes topless on her summer trip to France a la Duk Duk.
Finally, here she is perfecting her red carpet, over the shoulder, maybe they can't see my belly shot.
I do know that she'll have a point when she brings this up in 10 years...but for now, I am so grateful for my friend and her sense of humor!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kim said...

I'll have to remember to revisit this post next February... Maddie might need to borrow that bikini! (She's less than 5 months old and already tipping the scales at 18 pounds. Yes, eighteen.)

Boom said...

I seriously could eat her alive. Those pictures were worth EVERY nickel.

And, in my defense, the first ones you sent were REALLY small. Like, too small to even see. In order to really have that photo as my computer desktop....ur, I mean......in order to really SEE the photos well, I needed you to send them a little bigger.

Emily said...

i was shopping with laura yesterday and she told me abt the bikini. she sent me your blog to check it out.
and all i have to say is "NOT FAIR"!!! my daughter only had one fat roll and it has disappeared.
do you know what i would give for more rolls?
your daughter is to die for!
emily