Monday, June 09, 2008

Birthday Hangover

OK...remember how I said that this birthday thing is bogus. I was totally on to something. Because...well...as I already mentioned it does not celebrate the true hero in birth (ME!)...and it is not just one day...this thing dragged on for 4 whole days. My lord...it was the longest birthday celebration second to maybe Jesus. And yes, I suppose I created most of this hysteria. I planned his "family party" which was just presents and cake for the 4 of us.



Then we had the "friend party" with 8 of his friends at the bouncy house place.



And finally, we wrapped up the mardi gras with the "family party part 2" which included grandparents and aunts and uncles.



I love birthdays, I love to make my kid feel special, but even I had to roll my eyes at the pure over-indulgence of this whole thing.

So needless to say, today has been a bit of a disappointment. No more cake, no more presents, and no more free passes because today is a "special day." In fact, tonight when he was trying to negotiate an extra TV show before bed he said, "but Mommy today is special because yesterday was my birthday."

"Well, no, honey your birthday was last week. Today is not a special day."
"So how many days until my next birthday?"

And this is where the hangover comes in to play because in order to answer that question, I have to finish the sangria and maybe a few bottles of wine to even contemplate the thought.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Boom said...

Okay, I miss that sweaty, sweaty head of his in my life every day!

And SECOND? I LOVED the post about the girl's legs. I am already having thigh withdrawl! Those were just DELICIOUS.