Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sick...in the head!

OK, really, you are killing me.

Let me preface this with...I LOVE my husband. (I have to say that so that when he reads this he doesn't instantly make me go back to work and stop writing about him!)

But what is it about men and their ability to handle sickness?

Rewind 14 weeks when my pregnancy started and I would say..."I really don't feel well today" What is my ideal response? "I'm sorry honey, what can I do?" Instead...I get "Yeah, me too, my stomach is acting up."

UHHH...unless those medical devices you are selling do something totally radical...you ARE NOT sick like me! But feel free to jump on the bandwagon.

Fast forward to this week where my son and I have suffered (and I mean suffered) the stomach bug. It has not been pretty, and darling hubby did do a good job taking care of us on Sunday. But come Monday night...lordy can't you see it coming????

"My stomach doesn't feel right"

Well let me tell you buddy...with a Captain Morgan's and Gingerale in one hand and a cigar in the other...you aren't getting much sympathy from me.

No comments: