Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He wasn't the only one who learned something

This weekend we headed to the beach. A change of scenery was in order and nothing says heaven like a beach house with orange shag carpeting. It was perfect. No need to do yard work, no tball practices to go to, and no birthday parties. It was calm, it was quiet, and it was relaxing.

That is until, of course, the little boy decided NOW was the time he would learn to ride his bike without training wheels. He is four and three quarters, after all.

My husband tried for about 3.2 seconds to help the boy. A little bit of yelling, a little bit of tears, and a lot of stubborn personalities crashing in the fresh Jersey beach air, and he was out. So I stepped up to the plate.

I'm the calmer one. The more patient parent. The one who yells, "stop being such a wuss!" Uh...what...bet you didn't see that one coming, did you? It just came out of my mouth. Somewhere between "pedal faster!", "stop leaning damn it!", and "are you trying to kill me?" I swear, something jumped in my body, took over, and made me the nasty stage mom I never thought I would be. Sing louder Louise.

But a couple of deep breaths, a swig of a very strong drink, and my husband with the video camera recording every minute of the experience WITH THE VOLUME ON, I pulled myself together. And so did the little boy. And next thing I know he was off to the boardwalk to get a hoagie and a tatoo (we were in Jersey after all!)

Mission accomplished.

3 comments:

Boom said...

So cute!!

Of course for most of the video I was just watching you jog, thinking...hmmmmm....those are cute jeans! Oh, she looks good in pink! Has Blake lost weight? Isn't her hair getting long?!!

(Was Will even in that video?)

Boom said...

Okay, just watched it again.

My new favorite part is CAROLINE...yelling what sounds like "MY BIKE! MY BIKE! MY BIKE!"

I love that kid.

(ooops...forgot to watch Will again)

Baby Bunching said...

Wow!!! Look at him go. Ahahahah...I'm laughing at Caroline too. Hee!