Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Holiday Dilemna

Here's my problem.

I love to cook, I love to eat, and I hate to diet. It is really a bad combination.

And it is a REALLY bad combo during the holidays. For as soon as I get a good whiff of the holiday spirit I am baking and making and tasting and basting. I watch the food network all day long. I read all the cooking magazines. I scour the Internet. I try new cookie recipes. I strategize what I am going to serve for Christmas (anyone who knows me knows I have already been talking about this for a few months). I make lists. I go to the store. I bake. I freeze. I head back to the store. And then I bake some more.

It is a great place to be if you are one of those people who just smiles and says, "I'm so lucky, I can eat anything." But that's not me.

But I'm not going to let that stop me.

3 comments:

ARomero said...

Oh I am in the same situation. Paula Dean is driving me crazy with all of her butter! I would love to hear what you are making for the holidays. I am hosting my family so I would love some ideas!

Jenn said...

Ditto. I love to eat, bake, etc. and yet I seriously need to STOP. :) Enjoy the time and get to the gym when you can...it's all a balance, right?

Baby Bunching said...

Same for me. I just had to stop baking because the cookies we made for 'friends' weren't yummy enough to pass along...however i ended up eating about 5 one night just for kicks. They are not low fat ones either.