Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gym-P-S

So we've been going to the gym a lot lately. Mostly because I have to compensate for the 2 Costco size bags of Halloween candy that are rapidly disappearing at our house, but also because I enjoy exercising and my gym has great child care.

If you asked my friends, their reactions to the child care would be mixed. But for me, it is perfect. The women are nice, they know my kid's names, they seem to genuinely care, and when we had an emergency this summer, they were 100% on the ball and trained, qualified, and all that other stuff. (Did I mention the rock climbing wall and moon bounce?) But like most activities that include the 4 year old, having a friend around really makes mommy's workouts much more fun.

Today, there was no such friend. And in the car ride home he made the following suggestion:

Mommy, the really should get a GPS for my friends.

What do you mean honey?

I mean, you could put it in your car, we would turn it on, and we could see if my friends were near the gym. That way you would know who to call to see if they could join us. It would be a Gym-P-S.

Seriously, I swear, he is only 4. Where does he come up with this stuff and what kind of TV is he watching with his father?

2 comments:

ARomero said...

I think Grant would love that idea! He was so upset when he saw you guys leaving the gym the other day. As soon as I can get my cranky 2 year old to stay in the child care we would love to meet you guys! Grant has been asking to have Will over. Maybe they can have an after school date next week?

Linda said...

shut up! Did he really say that? He is a Mr. Smarty Pants. See what happens when you don't have GPS in your car? Does that mean you missed us at the gym??? :-)