Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Mother Knows Best

I am SO mad at myself! I said all week:

"it is a bad idea for us to go to a 7pm baseball game"

I repeat:

"it is a bad idea for us to go to a 7pm baseball game"

Not only is the little boy not napping and therefore due to bed at 7pm, but darling hubby is going to be at a testosterone fest in Chalorttesville leaving me to handle both munchkins solo.

But push come to shove, after a glorious day in Baltimore with Nana, Memo, and Duk Duk...I started thinking:

"is it a bad idea for us to go to a 7pm baseball game?"

2 glasses of wine, 4 oz of formula, and a sippy of milk later we are in the governor's box watching the Orioles play the Yankees.

But let me repeat:

"IT IS A BAD IDEA FOR US TO GO TO A 7PM BASEBALL GAME!"

Fast forward to the 4th inning when not only did the Orioles give up 10 runs, but the little 3 year old did some running of his own: escaping from his nana causing her to drop all of her bags (truthfully only one was her bag, the other 2 were mine) throw off her sandals and take off barefoot down the street to grab him by the armpit (I remember that grip like it was yesterday!) and drag him to my car.

Can't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: